Parasites are about the last thing anyone wants to think about when focusing on health improvements, but they’re something that should be addressed when treating any kind of chronic illness. After reading reports by the NY Times that half the people in the Western world have parasites and that the average person walks around with about three pounds of invasive bacteria in their bodies on any given day, I started taking it seriously.
If you’re a Lyme patient who has plateaued or feels “stuck” in your treatment, well-known doctors like Dr. Lee Cowden and Dr. Jay Davidson point out that internal parasites can hinder your improvement and should be addressed before trying to move on in treatment.
When treating Lyme disease, many patients, doctors and practitioners look to traditional vitamin supplements and herbal supports to aid in their healing journey. But ancient Greek and Asian cultures have been using medicinal mushrooms for literally thousands of years and Lyme patients and doctors are just now getting on board with their powerful medicinal properties that rival the most popular pharmaceutical and herbal remedies.
While all of these mushrooms might seem “magical,” none in this collection are of the variety that cause strong hallucinations or distorted reality. However, the mushrooms mentioned below can curb inflammation, support nervous system repair, shrink cancer cells, and fight viruses & bacteria. We would also like to note that we intentionally left off Turkey Tail and Maitake mushrooms. Both of those varieties have strong anti-cancer properties but were not as helpful to the average Lyme patient as these following mushrooms…
At some point during your treatment of Lyme disease you’ve probably experienced exaggerated symptoms… debilitating headaches, joint pain, fatigue, digestive problems, mood swings and brain fog, etc… or you may have some symptoms peculiar to you. At times you might try to shrug them off as part of the game in treating the illness, but on days when you’re relegated to the couch or bed, it makes you not want to treat the illness at all. What can you do?
We present several steps that have been proven to eliminate Herxheimer reactions in less than two hours, and we cover the mechanics of what is happening to your body during this die-off syndrome.
You may have heard of something called the Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS. As a Lyme patient you may be trying to make sense of all of the posts and articles that either call it a substance that lives up to its “miracle” label or articles that compare it to bleach and is therefore dangerous to ingest. What’s the truth? We did some personal research and answer a few basic questions.
What is it? MMS (which stands for Miracle Mineral Supplement or Miracle Mineral Solution) is a solution made from 22.4% Sodium Chlorite and distilled water that is mixed with an activator that ultimately become Chlorine Dioxide. Sodium Chlorite is not a natural product but is a manufactured chemical. It has no real viable use by itself but is manufactured solely as a precursor to the generation of Chlorine Dioxide.
I have to admit that if someone would have told me that the key to healing was forgiveness when I had just been diagnosed with Lyme disease more than a decade ago, I probably would have bounced a bottle of doxycycline off of their head.
It was the early days of Lyme for me and I was very focused on my physical symptoms. These symptoms were unlike anything I’d ever experienced in my otherwise very healthy life prior to the diagnosis. So as soon as I received confirmation after going at least 2 years without a definitive answer, I was ready to disinfect and get the damned bugs out of me.
Like most Lyme patients, I went for a long period of time of being sick and undergoing tests before I received a definitive diagnosis. Like most patients, I was used to trusting my traditional medical doctor because whenever I had a cold or a fever, he would prescribe some antibiotics and I would get better. As simple as that.
However, when I came in with Lyme symptoms, my doctor didn’t have a clue. He ran his usual battery of tests, but because I didn’t have cancer, diabetes or heart disease, he literally said, “Oh well. I guess we’ll just have to chalk this up to being ‘just one of those things.'”
When I pressed him further on what exactly he meant by that, he said, “Your symptoms aren’t life threatening, so maybe you can learn to live with them.” My brain could barely process what I was hearing.
When you factor in variables like multiple pathogens, genetic traits that can hinder treatment, and environmental factors in a person’s living space, people stricken with chronic Lyme disease are getting the picture that this is a custom disease. Because of this, a treatment or detox approach that might work well for one individual might cause a dangerous reaction in others. In other words, no one approach is a silver bullet or panacea. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Why is this and what makes things so complicated with this disease?
If you’ve been paying attention to posts in the Lyme community, the word “stevia” has been a hot topic for the last year or so. You’ve probably seen comments like… “Stevia can cure Lyme disease!”; “No, stevia causes cancer and infertility!”; “Stevia can’t be absorbed in the human body!”; I’ve been putting it in my coffee for years, so why am I not cured of Lyme?”
In this short and admittedly non-comprehensive guide, we attempt to put some ideas to rest and to offer a small bit of common sense regarding this plant that various cultures have been using as a food additive for more than 400 years.
Besides treating symptoms and the disease itself, most chronic Lyme patients understand the importance of ridding the body of toxins generated from killing bacteria. Other toxins may also be present in the body from heavy metals, mycotoxins (from mold), normal metabolism or from the environment itself. The point is, in order to give your body a chance to heal properly, these toxins must be removed in a way that doesn’t disrupt your system.
Many Lyme disease and chronically ill patients are probably aware that Ionic Foot Baths can be a non-invasive and natural way to help the body remove toxic substances quickly.
For the uninitiated, most typical ionic foot baths consist of a tub of salted, clean water (usually distilled) with two stainless steel plates placed in the foot bath that pass a low-amp electrical current (usually 3-7 amps) through the water to dislodge toxins in the body that are pulled out immediately into the ionized water. You can’t feel the current, but you will notice the water changing colors within minutes when the toxins begin to emerge.