Chanca Piedra, translated from Spanish to English means “Stone Breaker.” This small Amazonian herb (phyllanthus niruri) doesn’t actually crush and dissolve stones, it softens (gelatinizes) them, allowing them to change shape. They can then move down through the ureter, and out (almost) painlessly. It has been traditionally used throughout Latin America for centuries to naturally support the kidneys and urinary tract.
Benefits of Chanca Piedra:
- Digestive disorders of the stomach and intestines (appetite stimulator and digestive aid)
- Pain relief from the symptoms of kidney and gallbladder stones
- Lowering blood pressure and blood glucose levels (diabetes and heart disease)
- Detoxing the liver and optimal liver function (sluggish liver slows the metabolism leading to weight gain and a host of other potentially life threatening conditions)
- Clearing up painful, frustrating urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- All conditions causing inflammatory pain
- HIV therapy, anti-cancer – conclusive evidence is still needed here.
- Is an effective antimicrobial against Babesia
- Atherosclerosis and high cholesterol
To obtain the optimal benefits of this herbal tea, add one teaspoon of loose tea to a teaball or infuser and steep in boiling water for approximately 5-7 minutes. Let it stand, strain and serve. Sweeten to taste with honey or lemon.